Sunday, January 06, 2008

pink slip?

I'm not sure if they still call it a pink slip since the paper I recieved was white. Got a letter in the mail from the cruiseline. Not so good news... they had 3 ships but after the new year, they were going to downsize to 2 and transfer the other boat to the Carribbean. So that's 1,000 employees displaced after Jan 1.

Still no word on when I am set to leave. I'm not even sure if they will be calling on me now since there are only 2 boats working the Hawaiian islands. I'm not even sure if I still have a job with them. They might have too many employees.

In the meantime, the new fast food sushi restaurant is ahead of schedule and is set to open late March (instead of April). We'll see if that actually happens since this current store I work at was 6 months late in opening. Anyhow, I'm still assigned that new store so either way my options are still open. I start prepping for that store with hiring employees, organizing the kitchen, interior design, etc next month. Kinda exciting but not as much as traveling.

This cruiseline stuff is taking a long time. (Did I mention that I'm quite impatient... still?) My paperwork is complete and I'm just waiting on their go ahead to pack my bags.

No comments: