Wednesday, January 30, 2008

1st/ 2nd road segments

Started my roadtrip to Washington state yesterday. Need to get there fairly quickly and the weather has been alittle bad with rain, snow and ice. Didn't know exactly how long it would take to get there but I gave myself a week... just in case. If it were summer, it would only take 1 1/2 days... but snow in the mountains make traveling alittle different. And it's been awhile since I've driven in snow.

Anyhow, I decided to take Interstate 5 all the way home. Got just out of Los Angeles on I-5 and all of a sudden I was in Bakersfield. Had really no idea how I got there... but I guess I took a wrong turn - ah, the scenic route... so it was about an hour out of my way. Must have gotten used to Cali commuting where you grab your tunes and just drive. After returning to I-5, it only took a few hours to get to Gilroy... spent some time with some friends.

Day 2

Left later than planned but that's ok. Was hoping to get to Portland but was willing to stop in Medford, Oregon if the weather was bad. Didn't get there either. Actually still in California - spending the night in Yreka. Been raining suppose to turn into snow and ice... and the roads are suppose to be shut down.






Tejon Pass, California








Gilroy area, California














near Mt Shasta, California










near Mt. Shasta, California










No comments: