Tuesday, January 29, 2008

beautiful people

So these are the closest friends I made while here from work - just in the past few months too. You know how you can be hanging out with people and you realize they are cool and enjoy hanging with them? It's kinda subconscious but then something happens and you realize wow, these people are not only great to chat with but are also really beautiful people - like you see them all in a different light. Yeah, that was tonight. We all hungout as a final farewell. I just realized tonight what beautiful people they are... kinda difficult to explain. But it's like you've known them longer than you have. It is really rare I get that feeling.

It's like the timing is just perfect - to have met and befriended them. It just always amazes me to find other people that I really like and "click" with because not only am I reserved and have a quiet personality, but I am also quite picky about who I socialize with. Which makes it really difficult to make friends. For the longest time I just thought I was anti-social prefering to hang with animals (mostly cats and dogs) or solitude. I probably still am.

When I meet these kinds of people, I just want to get to know them more. It really fascinates me - to find people I really like and figure out what it is that intrigues me. A lot of times it's their personality that interests me, sometimes their life story, their travels and of course, most times I have no idea but am just glad we are friends.








Wendy, June, Lek, Jack, me










So I figured it out. A friend of mine asked how many Asian friends I have. I had to think really hard. Come to find out (and it really surprised me) I just have one and she's an email pen pal - never met her before. So this group of Asian folks are my only Asian friends. Kinda interesting. It's also the first time I've been submerged in an Asian community for an extended amount of time. I mean, almost everyone at work is Asian - Japanese, Thai or Laotian. It was a bit of a culture shock for me since I'm used to being the only Asian or one of a few in places where I work and hangout with.

No comments: