Friday, January 25, 2008

all in a day's work

A mild setback occurred...

In summary, I thought I got the position on the cruiseline - making sushi in Hawaii. My other job offer was on a tallship off the coast of Connecticut - traveling along the East coast for the whole summer. I had to choose and I chose the cruiseline... As much as I didn't want to, I turned down the tallship offer in order to remain in the sushi world. Then the cruiseline cancelled my class. They are still trying to place people from the ship the company moved from Hawaii to the Carribbean - some people didn't want to transfer with the boat.

So okay, I decided I wasn't going to return to the seasonal trail. I would remain in SoCal and continue my apartment hunt in Long Beach... then the store manager who is training me for the new store informed me that her bosses decided to go with seniority and give the Long Beach store to someone else - who's only worked at the restaurant 2 months longer than I and has less experience. Strange though that I just spoke with one of her bosses - the guy that hired me for Long Beach. He didn't say anything about not taking over the store - just that it is now behind schedule for opening, perhaps in June or July.

Regardless, it's time to move on.

No comments: