Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Orange County 5K

With a new year, my roommate has a resolution to be in as many races as possible. As a side effect, I'm tossed in the middle of it being her 'battle buddy' so to speak. We had signed up for the Orange County 5K and luckily enough another friend joined us. Just so you know - tall people walk really fast... short people don't walk as fast. I was tired just trying to keep up with her. I think she thought we were racing or something. I might have just ran the whole thing. Then the other friend takes a speed walking class every weekend so she's used to walking really really really really really fast.

I think I like the leisurely pace - like a stroll in the park. No rush. Enjoy a breath of fresh air (or as much of fresh air as the air pollution allows), enjoy the company of friends, etc. Course it was 8AM when it started. I'm usually still asleep. Kinda made me grumpy to walk that fast still sleepy.

There was also the 1/2 and full marathon. The 1/2 marathon (13 miles) started before us and the first people to arrive were running in at 90 minutes! Whoa... that's fast - that's abit under running 7 minutes per mile.

The 5K ended with the same route as the marathon so of course, we had our pic taken at the mile 26 marker.


Karen, Carrie and I - near the finish line.

No comments: