Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 plans

I've decided I'm going to hold off on the cruiseline. I really thought I'd be leaving in January but it won't be until late Spring/ early Summer and even that is tentative. Instead of waiting around for the position to open up, I've concluded that I should stick with what I have and take on the management position at the fast food sushi place. This new store is running ahead of schedule and should be opening in late March. I'm not sure if it is set in stone so to speak since the current restaurant I work at was suppose to open last April and just opened this past November. Regardless, it will be interesting - at least for a little while. So it looks like I'll be staying in Southern California for a bit longer than planned. I'm actually looking for a new apartment as well in the Long Beach area.

In the meantime, I have a few other job offers coming in. Flights of fancy that make me want to drop everything and jump back on the seasonal trail. These jobs are not in the sushi field so although it's very tempting, I'll wait it out. I'm actually looking forward to opening this new store and will wait until it has opened and perhaps a few months after before I move on. Originally, I planned on staying a year but that travel bug is really beginning to itch again. Everything is in the air. I'm not really sure of my 2008 plans as far as jobs go. Life is a bit hectic in civilization - kinda makes me want to return to a slower pace of life (seasonal trail) just to sort things out then return and take on the whole world.

Working seasonal gigs always makes it difficult in making friends and when I do it makes it difficult to leave. I'm just starting to make friends after 5 months of being here. Good thing I've decided to stay longer.

No comments: