Saturday, December 22, 2007

Back bay bike ride

Whew! So a friend and I kayak this back bay area of Newport Beach. We realized there was a bicycle trail and wanted to check it out. We went this morning and rode the whole bay - 10 miles. Bicycling on a stationary bike is way different than a real bike... I forgot about climbing hills. I've been riding on flat land and on the stationary bike which are really easy. This trail went all around the bay - it was really scenic since it goes around the bird sanctuary - we saw several cranes and little birds.

Took a few pics of the place. There are several trails that branch off - one goes from Newport Beach all the way close to where I live and it is an 80 mile ride. Getting alittle ambitious on that part. I think this 10 mile trail kinda kicked my butt - there were a couple of challenging hills, one I actually got off the bike and walked it up the hill.








The trail was easy to follow since we just had to look for the path markers.













This is the bay area - this is actually the hill area that was a tough climb.




No comments: