Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Tuesday's dinner

So this time I was really prepared. Laura (the shift sous chef) claimed her Thanksgiving holiday so she took Tuesday night off work. I made midrats and had lots of fun. I was thinking of Texas, and missing crawfish boils. So that's what I decided to make - except we didn't have crawfish. We had lobster, but I didn't think anyone would mind the change. So for dinner we had a lobster boil with potatoes and carrots, jambalaya, gumbo and black beans with rice. It was an interesting meal and makes me want to get back to Texas as fast as I can for crawfish! Although I think the crawfish season is in March in the Louisiana region.

I think everyone was pretty happy with the meal. Seems like with Christmas coming around, everyone is getting grumpier and grumpier. I don't know if most of them are bah humbug sorts of people or they just miss their family. But there were quite a bit of people laughing and joking around. Isn't that cool how a meal can make someone happy or at least change their attitude for the better? But perhaps it was the spices in the meal - black pepper, cayenne and jalapenos - they can get your mouth breathing fire... maybe the other end too. But the compliments keep coming in so that's mighty nice.

No comments: