Sunday, April 08, 2007

On the road again!

Can't wait to be on the road again! I start tomorrow... this trip is one of my dreams. Kinda. I'm moving back to Texas via the Hog! Yup, packing up all my stuff which by going to the South Pole has taught me to pack real light. Just the essentials - which should all fit into a duffle bag. Yes, that includes my chef knives and tools so I'll be sure to ride safe (ha!) and not speed as much.

Anyway, this solo trip is only 12 days but I'll log about 3,000 miles riding from Washington going through Oregon, California, Arizona and New Mexico with a final destination of Austin, Texas. There are some really great roads I've been wanting to try out for awhile so here's a great opportunity.

It snowed here in Washington the other day so hopefully, the roads will be nice all throughout. Either that or it'll be even more of an adventure! Oh-oh. It's warmed up to a nice 70F in the day time so the weather shouldn't really be a problem. I'll be meeting up with a bunch of friends in several towns along the way so it'll be great seeing them all again.

Here's to the road! The journey will continue...

No comments: