Monday, April 23, 2007

New Mexico

For some reason I woke up at 5 AM. It was a short night since I went to bed around 1AM but I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided I might as well get on the road. It had rained all night and the roads were wet. Luckily, it stopped and I had my chance on my next destination. As soon as I packed my bike up, it started to hail. There was no way I was going to take another 20 minutes to unpack and spend another night in Flagstaff. I decided to get the heck outta there and try to out ride the storm.

For the first hour on the road, it was abit of a challenge. It was really cold out so my faceshield kept fogging up. Fighting driving blind and the weather, I finally out rode the storm. Luckily, it only hailed for about 10 minutes which then turned to rain. After that, the wind picked up and blew me all over the road. The rest of the morning was overcast and the afternoon started to warm up the air around me which was a good thing since my fingers and toes were freezing!

So I'm in Ruidoso, New Mexico hanging out with a friend of mine. I think I'll be here a few days then check on the weather again before heading out to my new home. Kinda strange but Arizona and New Mexico kinda look similar to Wyoming.

No comments: