Sunday, April 29, 2007

weiner dogs and gospel - what a combo!

So you can tell I'm back in Texas. Yup, only in Texas...

Today was an interesting day. I went on a bike ride - just a short one to Buda where they host an annual weiner race... dachshunds. This was the 10th annual one. I'd never heard of racing dogs for the heck of it so I thought it would be interesting, regardless I'd be going on a bike ride on a beautiful day!

We met up with another couple who have a Softail (a Harley!) I met them the other night and excited that I have people to ride with. I think I met the best passenger ever today. My roommate has a sport bike and wanted to take a passenger but it would be super uncomfy so she rode on the back of mine. Most passengers complain about the vibrations, the torturous seat or just wiggle around too much. My passenger didn't do any of that plus, if she was going to move she told me first so I'd be ready for it. That was way cool.

Anyway, back to the race... it was mighty warm out for jeans, t-shirts and boots. We got there around 2 and thought it started at 230 but at 250, there wasn't any race going on. So we left in search of cold beverages... and found it in a pizzaria. After we ordered, the restaurant staff began playing live music. It was cool cause the dude had a guitar but then the singing started... church songs. Whew! That was agonizing! But on the other hand, it is Sunday and it is a small town. Yeah.

One of my roommate's friends was actually racing her dog, Gus. The racing started yesterday so alot of dogs lost but the winners moved onto the next tier. Gus won 2nd place in his race and got to go on to the next tier.


No comments: