Tuesday, April 24, 2007

snow here?

I think this has been quite the year for snow and cold - at least the past 6 months. I'm really ready for Texas weather!

I knew the Rocky mountains went through New Mexico but I didn't realize I'd be spending the night IN the mountains. It snowed a couple inches today (but luckily turned to rain and melted) but I'll be spending another night here instead of leaving in the morning.

The new plan is to drive straight through to Austin. Originally, I was going to drive straight through since it's only a 12 hr ride but changed my mind since it has been extremely windy and after being blown all over the road, I find myself getting tired of being cold. I had changed the 12 hrs into a 7 and 5 hour ride over 2 days but now, I'm back to the original plan. I think now that I've been on the road for 13 days, I just want to get there. So, it looks like Thursday is the night.

No comments: