Friday, November 17, 2006

Let's try that again...

Isn't life grand when you get what you want? Actually, it's a bit early to say. Maybe I should just wait and write when I'm actually at Pole with my feet in the snow. Wait a second, the McMurdo hospital is closed on Sundays - that's tomorrow. I think I'll be okay and tell y'all the news.

Well, as you know my fav doctor took off today for home. I was wanting her to stay until I left but that's more for my own selfish purposes... it's rare finding a doctor I really like.

I went for my doctor check up with the civilian doctor in charge. After grilling me on my nightshift he asked if Monday was good for me. Wait, let me think about that and pencil it in just in case it doesn't fit in my schedule. Of course, Monday would be outrageously fantastic! Was he joking or what?!

So I'm flying to the Pole on Monday, the hospital is closed on Sunday's so there's no hexing me now! It's good because for a while there I thought I'd be at McMurdo for the entire 4 months and was debating on a request to return home for a State-side job... someplace warm - Texas, Florida, California... but for now it's Pole or bust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you were crazy when I met you. You almost died and you want to go back? You're such a die hard extremist. Fudge

Anonymous said...

By the way, according to Good Morning America, Antarctica is now one of the top 7 wonders of the world so congrats on being so cool. Fudge