Monday, November 27, 2006

It's a hot day at the Pole

Yup, it is... just checked the temperature outside and it's -15F with windchill -34F. The temperature is suppose to steadily rise and may reach 0F or even 5F during December or January!

So far, the night shift has gone alright. Doing pretty good although I haven't had to run downstairs yet or go to the dome to get stuff in storage. That will eventually come along as I get to feeling even better. Couple of my co-workers offered to take me to the dome just to check it out (and to keep them company). From what I hear it's kinda scary inside. I've seen some pics of inside the dome but of course it's always different when you experience stuff on your own.

In the meantime, James (the executive chef) is still trying to organize a few of the kitchen crew their Thanksgiving holiday time off. The midrats sous, Laura, still needs to take her day so he asked if I would be willing to make the meal. Wouldn't that be awesome? So when ever she decides to take her day off, I'll be cooking dinner for about 65 people... I'm kinda excited about that. I already have menu ideas going through my head.

No comments: