Thursday, November 15, 2007

long beach sights

Thought I'd spend the day sight seeing since I haven't really done so since moving to California. I went to Long Beach and hung out at the aquarium and took a short walk around the village shopping area. The Aquarium of the Pacific is kinda nice. I had been here before several years ago when it first opened. Back then there were alot of jelly fish but this time there were only 3 cases, which was a little disappointing. They did have sea horses though as with the weedy and leafy sea dragons. I thought those were pretty cool looking.






leafy sea dragon - found off the Western coast of Australia. It's a relative of the sea horse family.











weedy sea dragon - also a sea horse relative. These are also found only off the coast of Australia.











sea horses












movie of a male sea horse giving birth - click on the play button





lion fish














porcupine fish













jelly fish












queen mary in the distance















that's me...



No comments: