Monday, October 01, 2007

semi round fish

Still getting the hang of making the nigiri (rice balls). We get timed every day to get faster. Amazingly working with the nigiri - some of the classmates have forgotten how to roll sushi... they put too much rice in it and it doesn't close. So we get timed on our cucumber rolls as well. 8 nigiri in 2 minutes and 2 cucumber rolls in 2 minutes are the class goals. For me, the timing is not a problem butI still cut crooked... when you look at my rolls, they are more trapezoid shape. I think I just rush myself becuase when I'm not in a rush they turn out okay.

In the meantime, we're learning how to fabricate various fish. Today, we learned how to cut semi-round fish - like the red snapper and sea bream.

nigiri - shrimp (ebi), sardine, sea water eel (anago) and avocado eel roll

nigiri - sea bream (tai), red snapper, salmon skin temaki, sea water eel (anago), pike mackeral (samma)





No comments: