Friday, October 19, 2007

finals

Today was finals. Along with the written we made 3 dishes each... a signature roll, appetizer and a combination plate of nigiri and tuna roll.



Signature roll - cheddar cheese, avocado, tomato concasse, crab, sesame leaf - tempura battered with plum and honey siracha sauce.












appetizer - mackeral bird nest croquette. In the croquette is mashed potato with shredded mackeral with panko crust, deep fried with a persimmon ginger dipping sauce.

I was so consume with ensuring my ingredients were fresh and all in season, I didn't realize my error until I started my testing - both dishes are fried.






combo plate - tekka roll (tuna roll) with halibut nigiri












Class: L-R
Cheuk, Jason, Jake, Sensei Andy (in black), Danny, Dai, Nick (asst chef instructor), Lorraine and I










Now graduated - with certificate


That was a quick 2 month course. I'm thinking I'll be staying in the LA area but still job hunting and open for options.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Eli!!!!!!