Tuesday, September 18, 2007

bestest cake ever!

Ok, maybe not ever but this was a pretty good tasting cake... My roommate asked if I wanted to bake a cake for her work - September birthday people. Crazy thing is my other roommate's mother works at the same place and this month is her birthday. Anyway, she really enjoys pineapple upside down cake. I had a really good recipe too but somehow, it got misplaced in the move. I ended up having to search out a new one and I'm usually quite leery of new recipes - I like to try the recipe out before I present someone with a cake that way I can change the recipe if need be (and they don't ever get a horrid cake. How embarrassing!) Anyway, I ended up making it and it's actually one of the ugliest cakes I've ever made. I was really disappointed... but the flavor really makes up for it - makes you wanna cry it's so good. hehehe. I'm sure my roommates think I'm an alcoholic since I cook with a lot of it and even put some rum in this cake.

Meanwhile, this is finals week.





seafood cucumber roll for those that don't like seaweed



tuna avocado dynamite








fried salmon asparagus sunset roll




No comments: