Saturday, May 30, 2009

air horn

Since moving to LA, I've been almost wiped out on numerous occasions by careless automobile drivers while out on a bike ride. Last week was not any different. Unfortunately, in order to go to a nice serene location, you have to get onto a congested freeway.


I've been dreaming of getting an air horn ever since I lived in Texas, which was quite a few years ago. It's like one of those items that you really want but slides down the priority list whenever something more important arises. It was always wishful thinking and perhaps on a birthday/ special occasion request list.

But again, LA drivers make me a little nervous. After being almost side-swiped while on the bike I decided I was going to get one. Finally! But which one? There are several brands on the market and of course, Harley-Davidson has their own brand, which is how I first heard of them. My current horn is ok but this one is fantastic! I wasn't too keen on the way it looked because of the duel trumpets but once I heard it, I was sold.

I just happened to go to a local biker shop and they were installing a Howard's air horn. Just awesome!




So there is. A duel trumpet air horn that will definately wake up anyone that veers in my lane.

No comments: