Wednesday, June 20, 2007

tacos, omelets and burgers - oh my!

So I've decided... my job is real easy. I can go to work still half asleep and be in automatic mode all day. For breakfast, you make breakfast tacos and omelets and for lunch - burgers. Easy! Since I've gotten this job, I've been thinking of getting another one as well so save up faster in order to return to school.

Today, I was thinking that since I'm on vacation in Austin, this is actually my vacation job for the next few years. This is good because there's no dinner rush, no chefs yelling, no wrong orders from the waitstaff, no thinking and nothing you'd find in a restaurant setting. It's kinda nice... boring but nice. No nights, no weekends, no holidays.

I think that since I'm on 'vacation' I'm just going to take it easy with one job. One job and enjoy all the time off to ride my bike and catch up on sleep. Hey! I've been catching up and get about 7 hours of sleep a night now... wow... well, sometimes even more! The bike and I have really been missing all the backroads and possible rides throughout Texas as with the biker rallies. So, here's to taking it easy and keeping the shiny side up!

And in 2 years time, I'll return to school and the hectic restaurant world - that might possibly include the seasonal trail again... that sounds good. Goals... you just gotta have 'em!

No comments: