Monday, August 24, 2009

Mtn ride - Rim of the World

Had some free time today to go for a last minutes bike ride. I've been wanting to do this trip since last year when I first heard about it. But I had to wait for the snow in the mountains to melt, then Spring and Summer arrived and there was not any time. So today was the day. Went up to the San Bernardino mountains toward a Lake Arrowhead and then onto a small town named Crestline. This route is called the Rim of the World since it's along the crest of the mountain and in certain spots you can see down both sides.

I also recommended this ride to the bike club I'm in. It might be too late this year since it snows early in the mountains so it might be a last minute trip for the group of we'll put it off until Summer 2010.

The roads were very curvy and in some areas very steep with switchbacks and going only 15 mph in spots. The locals drive crazy fast through these mountains as with the police.











There were very nice views in the places I stopped but there were many more turnouts that I did not stop in.



No comments: