Saturday, August 22, 2009

Company picnic

My first company picnic. I was abit surprised at the organization and things they had for us. We were able to bring family and friends so I invited a friend of mine to go with me. There was a lot of food. It was unbelieveable! And they had carnival rides, elephant ride, rock climbing wall, vollyball, miniature golf - pretty much almost everything you could think of.

Of course, being such a large company, they needed a huge space. I knew the company had a park for employees only but I had never been to it. And it's huge! So huge that I only saw a few of my classmates - and I had thought it would be a small ordeal and I would see all of them.

So here's my friend and I on an elephant ride.



So far, I've been with this company for 4 months. I'm still in training. I've been out of the classroom phase and have been on the job training for the past month. It doesn't look like my supervisor is in a rush to certify me on my own, which is kinda nice but so far no emergencies have occurred where I would need my trainer to actually train me. We have daily routine duties that are the same every day. In a way, time seems to go quickly but not at the same time. We end up working alot of overtime. As the recession hit the restaurant industry, it seems as if in the refinery world, it has not slumped at all or only a small amount.

No comments: