Thursday, June 18, 2009

bye bye Bangkok

So the three of us partners in Bangkok Samurai have had way too many debates. Since I just got a new job elsewhere, I won't be available to work full-time at Bangkok Samurai, as planned. The silent partner decided she didn't want to be silent anymore and the third partner's wife wanted to take over. With so many changes, the stress level has increased and I have found out people are not whom they present themselves as under 'normal' conditions. I guess this re-enforces the knowledge that I've learned so many years ago in the military - stress can bring out the best or the worst in people. It's how people deal with stress that really matters.

Anyway, the partner's wife and I have been butting heads since she took over. I've had enough of the blame game and have decided to call it quits on this project. Actually, two of us quit and the remaining partner and his wife will be the sole owners of Bangkok Samurai.

It's a bit saddening but in the long run, I think it's good for each of us. I know now when I do open my future restaurant not to have business partners - just wait until I can afford it myself. If anything, Bangkok Samurai was a learning experience. I didn't realize there were so many permits and paperwork that needed to be signed off by the city and county.

Not to fret though, I'll have my hands full with the new job. Perhaps with more time off, I will be able to go on more mini-adventures!

No comments: