Thursday, June 19, 2008

working lots

Been working an insomniac/ work-alcoholics dream. Still working as a courier and have been putting in 18-20 hour days. Just have enough time to go home shower, nap and return to do the same thing over and over. It's a good thing the vehicle is comfy since I spend so much time in it! On Saturdays, I'm usually on-call so even though I would love to sleep in I don't have the chance since I usually get called in. Sundays are strictly my day off... need at least one to go hang with friends and especially go for a bike ride.

The riding around here is very different than I'm used to which is riding for pure enjoyment purposes - enjoy the people your with, the ride, nice scenery, etc. People around here are always rushed and you have to drive extremely aggressive or crash. It just amazes me how many people drive in the middle of two lanes, cut you off then slam on their brakes all the while honking at you because you almost collide with them.

When I first got here, I read in the paper and heard on the news about biker accidents - people just fall off their bikes. Now, I'm thinking a gust of wind pops you off the bike but literally people fall off and have been run over by tailgaiters. Or drivers aim for you and I have no idea why. But crazy drivers here have been making me really cautious especially since the posted speed limit is 65mph but the flow of traffic is going 80-90mph. Yup, crazy! Whew!

No comments: