Saturday, February 23, 2008

pearl harbor

So after being stressed out from the bed bugs, I took my class final. Training is now complete and I am awaiting orders to go to the ship. People are leaving daily for their ship positions - our class of 40 is becoming smaller and smaller. There are still people here from the previous class - we all are hanging out at the hotel. There isn't much time to go sightseeing since we have a formation every few hours just for accountability.

Since my final only took 10 minutes, my department class of 6 cooks were released until the evening formation at 6pm. My roommate and I decided to take off and go sight-seeing even though we only had less than 2 hours. Went to Pearl Harbor since we heard it was close by. Didn't have time to go to the USS Arizona memorial but we did get to see the rest of the stuff.





Pearl Harbor











kaiten - suicide torpedo, first used in 1944. big enough to fit one person.







USS Bowfin





USS Bowfin










No comments: