Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bye Oz

Well folks, my time here in Oz is done. I've been in Brisbane for the past week or so after Sydney just hanging out with a friend of mine and her family. Went and saw the croc farm - Steve Irwin's Australian zoo and to a koala sanctuary where I have the chance to hold a koala critter. It was kinda cool! I leave for San Francisco in the morning.
My Aussie friend, Alison.








Me and a little koala. He was a heavy little guy.















Koala baby the size of a 20 cent piece - comparative to a US quarter. They would normally be found in the mom's koala pouch.










More koala's sleeping













Dingo














Wallaby and her joey in the pouch.
















Joey feeding time.

















Surfer's Paradise - kind of a touristy spot but good for hanging out on the beach.












Barely anyone at Surfer's. Amazingly, most Aussies don't go to the beach.












Oh yeah, I got my brow pierced.
















Mooloolaba














Mooloolaba had some rocky beach.












Went to a macadamia nut factory.














Mac nuts on the tree
















An older retired machine that shells the mac nuts.











No comments: