Saturday, June 25, 2011

WCBC 1st Annual Charity Poker Ride

Group pic of WCBC!
Today was the first annual West Coast Biker Chick Charity Event supporting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Whew! Long title, eh? It was a poker ride that raised over $1,000 for our charity. There were awesome prizes for the worst and best poker hand as well as a live band, free food, karaoke, raffles and lots of free stuff. We even had a blood donation truck come over and a few vendors. I thought there would be a larger turnout but our event was the same day as another fundraiser, which drew a very large crowd. On the other hand, both clubs - our sister club ECBC, East and West Coast Biker Chicks had the Leukemia charity event the same day and same time, but opposite coasts. Kinda cool.

This was my first official day off where I didn't go to work all day! 5 weeks of working everyday 10-16 hour days. So even though I didn't get to sleep in, it was a great day and I got to ride my bike, saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while and even won a few items in the raffle.


Director and Asst Director of WCBC - Carrie and I
  The event took place at the Anaheim-Fullerton Harley-Davidson store. It was such a great day out - nice and sunny... and even sunburn! Since I'm the assistant director of WCBC, I thought it mandatory that I attend our biggest charity event of the year. We had all our members show up, help out and everyone did such a fantiastic job!

No comments: