Monday, May 23, 2011

Sushi Shack

I have the greatest news! This project I've been working on has finally come to fruitation... I guess, most of you know I've been wanting to open my own restaurant for some time now. I signed the paperwork last week and just received the keys today!

There's a lot of work to be done but most of the place is furnished/ built out - lucky me! So all I've got to do is scrub all the equipment clean and purchase some minimal equipment. This place went out of business 3 months ago and the previous tenants left it a huge mess.

This will be the sushi bar area.

Dining area

Sushi bar

Need to start scrubbing!
I own a huge thanks to my parents since they have helped in making my dream come true. I learned my lesson with the last restaurant in teaming up in a partnership, which proved to be a huge disaster. My Father is even coming out to be my Sushi Chef, and help start up the place.

Located in Gardena, California I'm naming the place Sushi Shack and I'm hoping to open by mid/ end of July. My best friend is helping me by becoming my Front of House Manager in charge of waitstaff and I will be in the back on the hot stoves cooking up everyone's meal.

I'm really looking forward to this new adventure! I'll post more pics once we've cleaned up the place. I'm hoping to do some cosmetic improvements - paint and some artwork. It'll be a minimal store transformation. The permits to open are what take the longest and most have already been filed.

No comments: