Tuesday, July 29, 2008

earthquake

Well folks... interesting day today. On my way to work and for some reason there was lots of traffic, lots of police around my house - no idea why. As I entered the interstate, there were more police and what appeared to be rush hour traffic - but at 1130AM? Crazy! Anyway, it turned out to be a funeral procession. Then as I pulled into the parking center garage at work, set the e-brake, and turned off the car and noticed the car was still moving! Sometimes, my e-brake is loose especially if I park on hills. But this was flat parking and I couldn't figure out why the car was still moving - and the vehicles around me were also moving. Only lasted a few seconds. Didn't think anything of it.

Went to work and everyone was running out the doors, talking all animatedly. Still couldn't figure it out until I saw the television in the office. Earthquake. Hmmm. That wasn't so scary - kinda cool. Luckily, no one got hurt. The epi-center was alittle over an hour drive away. 5.4 magnitude.

So this has been the second earthquake for me while in SoCal. The first one was last fall when I had roommates. It had woken me up but I thought my roommates' cat kicked me. I think that one was 2.5 magnitude or something like that.

No comments: